Workshop: The 7 Critical Communication Skills that Allow Project Managers to Influence UP, Down & All Around!
By Skip Weisman
Receive 7 PDUs: Follow the instructions on the link :
This interactive session introduces powerful communication concepts that allow project managers to thrive by focusing on how to communicate to influence at any level, at any time. Participants will be engaged in group activities that offer powerful learning opportunities providing immediately applicable skills.
Specific learning objectives for this session include:
- The 7 biggest communication miscues and habits project managers allow to get in their way.
- The 7 most critical interpersonal communication skills of the most impactful and influential leaders.
- The 2 critical components most project managers ignore when trying to communicate to influence.
- How to develop the 2 critical components and apply them to specific situations.
- “The 4 Project Conversations” and why 75% of them keep projects stuck, behind schedule and over budget and what to do about it.
- Two potential ways to influence and the one that makes the difference every time.
- 3 power beliefs of high-influence communicators
- A “communicate to influence” model that be applied to any situation.
- Specific language and scripting to apply to any influencing situation.
- Assessment of present “sphere of influence” with specific strategies to apply for each.
- Strategies to create a project team of “high-influence” communication all around.
- Role playing real-time influencing conversations to immediate application.